Merluno BVBA at all times remains committed to operate within the legal framework of the General Data Protection Regulation. It entails that, in all circumstances, we:
- will limit the processing of your personal data to only those elements minimally relevant for the purpose through which they were acquired;
- will request your explicit permission if so required for the processing of your personal data;
- will undertake all necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the protection of your personal data;
- will never transmit your personal data to third parties, unless this be necessary to serve the purpose through which they were received;
- are fully informed about your rights concerning personal data protection and will respect these while communicating in total transparency.
Prins Boudewijnlaan 347
03 289 00 11
Why we process personal data
Merluno BVBA processes your personal data to serve the following objectives in compliance with the legal grounds in force:
- To participate in the activities of Merluno BVBA (as customer, supplier, or partner)
- To obtain government subsidy (legal requirement)
For the objectives listed supra we are liable to request (and collect/store/process) the following types of personal data:
- Personal identity information: surname, first name, address, telephone number, email
- Private details: gender, birthdate, nationality
- Company details
We only employ the collected data to serve the purpose through which we received it.
Third party information provision
The data you provide us can be transmitted to third parties if so required for the objectives described supra. In our specific case we rely on a third party for:
- Developing the internet environment (webhosting);
- Information on these partners to be obtained through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managing your project (requests for assistance/advice from third parties/partners);
We never transmit personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded formal data processing agreements.
We indeed have agreed with said data processing partners upon an operating framework to guarantee the protection of your personal data.
We equally refrain from transmitting the entrusted information to third parties, unless this be legally required or allowed.
We may however proceed to sharing your personal data with third parties contingent upon securing your (written) permission thereto.
You have the right at all times to retract said permission, and this without any legal ramifications on the processing of this retraction. We never transmit personal data to third parties established outside the EU.
We exclusively process personal data from minors (persons younger than 16 years of age) if we have secured to this effect the written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Merluno BVBA never retains personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose through which they were acquired, or as legally required. Said data are never stored longer than 5 years past their last usage.
We have undertaken all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against illicit usage. In concrete terms, this breaks down into the following:
- All persons who have gained access to your data through Merluno BVBA, are bound to secrecy;
- All our systems are subjected to a user name and password-policy;
- All collected personal data is backed up for immediate repair after physical or technical incidents;
- All these measure are regularly tested and evaluated;
- All our collaborators are informed about the importance of personal data protection.
Your rights concerning your data
You have a right to review, correct, or remove the personal data we received from you. To this effect we refer to the contact details listed supra.
Additionally, you may (formally) oppose the processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by us or one of our collaborators. You also have a right to have the data you submitted be transferred to yourself, or at your request directly to a third party. Such a request could be paired to a request for legitimation on our behalf before complying with any such demand.
In case you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we request you contact us through the contact details listed supra. You have at all times the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, the supervisory body on privacy protection